Love Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Continuing on with great fun with kid's-We chose to do on the 4th


In continuance of fun kids ideas for almost any time of the year-even though we did them on the 4th. We have:
1.
2.
  1. Supplies to make bubble snakes. Why to love this fun project. It is so cheap. I got my bubble at the dollar store or you can make your own. You need water bottles. Only one if kids will take turns or you have a single child. Great use for the sock whose mate died in the washer long ago. Most people have scissors, food coloring and a rubber band anyway.
  2. You cut the tops of bottles and save these neat ends for a sun catcher on a later date.
  3. You slip the sock over the bottle like a glove covering open end of bottom bottle and rubber band it to keep in place.
  4. Now in a shallow bowl, pour in bubbles and add food coloring. My kids chose 2 colors.

4,
    5. Dip the sock and bottle bottom in the bubble mixture and blow.



5.


My kids loved the balloon blow up one. Again easy and inexpensive fun experiment with things on hand. it was so awesome how it worked.
  1. 5 supplies needed in first photo.
  2. Fill water bottle about 2/3 full of vinegar. Put soda in balloon. Carefully put balloon lip over top of bottle mouth and loose the soda into the bottle to hit the vinegar . 2nd. picture shows the result starting.
  3. You will be reminded of a hot air balloon blowing up the ways it just stand up after a short time. The balloons do deflate but last a few days. Also they will not behave like helium balloons to let you know. But great excitement to do.
 We also tried our hand at polymer clay. the recipe I used turned out great, but will take time to really get it down pat. The kid;s made gifts for their brother for his birthday.

http://thenewnew.blogspot.com/2011/06/homemade-polymer-clay.html
Clay projects made by my children
Here is the recipe link for the clay. I actually -upon reading the comments tried a microwave method someone mentioned so you may wish to scroll down and do it that way. worked wonderfully, though I added more cornstarch to my mixture. the picture next are step by step clay project. I mainly did this part and plan to do a lot more clay things.



To microwave this you use a mixer









Nice clay finished and ready to form.
 Finally our last project was exploding soap fun:

Thanks to :   http://www.ourbestbites.com/2012/04/kitchen-craft-soap-clouds-and-homemade-kiddie-




Each kid had a  bar of Ivory (R) soap. Only ivory works this way.
Finished one bar.


Ice burg of soap





We also as on the link molded the s0ap into cute molded bars, but they really crumbled up when removing so were not nice for picture as the ones from the link I got the idea for.







Ivory soap on microwave plate for about 2 minutes.





I am sorry if my post may be out of order from what I would like, my internet fair usage is messing with it so will have to do as is. I think all are smart enough to arrange the pictures in there mind the order they should be.

Have fun


































No comments:

Post a Comment