Love Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Makeover Washer and dryer.

From drab white and puke yellow to blue and gold.





I always wanted those machines you see in the catalog, but having not the means and more priorities to swing it was not an option.

Along came Pinterest and someone bold enough to repaint her drab washer and drier. So I pinned her blog article on it. She used a brush. since I since my nick name could be "Updo quickly even if it is not perfection since it is you that must live with it." I had blue high end spray paint, so instead of brush painting, I cheaply painted white paint (for base) then did the drier one layer at a time and let dry between by a couple days. I was out ,of the blue can by then, so when I was at Walmart I tried to get some more blue of the same cast, but Murphy's Law-" None of that color there." So as my nickname, mentioned above- I had to improvise- I chose 3 cans I thought would magnify and compliment the blue. At home I decided on gold since it was metal paint also.It did only take 2 coats without a primer.

Dryer
No they aren't perfect, but I am in love with the color and makes me happy to do the wash. My oldest daughter also is impressed. What a simple way to polish your laundry with a new updated look. Yes, I wanted a matching blue set, but my forte is improvising.



Washer


No comments:

Post a Comment